Sunday, January 3, 2016

16.2 - 2015 Monthly Highlight/Lowlight Reel

Prompt: "Your 2015, reviewed.  Give us the 30,000 foot view.  Or, hone in on a few highlights.  Let's bring last year to life before moving on to what's ahead."

----------

A month by month review of my 2015 courtesy of Facebook, iPhoto, and my memory.

JANUARY
Highlight:  I met Danny and Randall via Craigslist and reformed my band, Alar Wave.
Lowlight:  My grandfather passed away.

FEBRUARY
Highlight:  I started getting into peak karaoke form.
Lowlight:  Karaoke was the month's highlight.

MARCH
Highlight:  I bought a new bass AND played the first show with a reformed Alar Wave.
Lowlight:  "Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act"

APRIL
Highlight:  I performed at Boxcar Books' "Rock'n'Roll Prom."
Lowlight:  I left my car window open during a rainstorm.

MAY
Highlight:  I partook in Taylor and Alayna's wedding (and Taylor's bachelor party).
Lowlight:  Liverpool finished 6th in the Premier League.

JUNE
Highlight:  The Friday when the US Women's soccer team won their world cup game and the Supreme Court ruled in favor of gay marriage.
Lowlight:  Work probs.

JULY
Highlight:  My trip to Nashville with Lily which included going to the US Men's soccer team match versus Guatemala (they won!) and watching the US Women's soccer team win the World Cup.
Lowlight:  Turing 26 felt weird.

AUGUST
Highlight:  The weekend when I visited St. Louis with friends and the new Premier League season began.
Lowlight:  Watching the first Republican Party debate.

SEPTEMBER
Highlight:  Lily moved back to Bloomington.
Lowlight:  I forgot to bring my suit when traveling home for a wedding.

OCTOBER
Highlight:  I played 4 shows in two weeks with Alar Wave.
Lowlight:  I lost my voice for a few days after a sloppy but energetic set as Pixies. 

NOVEMBER
Highlight:  Visiting St. Louis twice in one month to watch Lily run her first half-marathon and the US Men's soccer team match versus St. Vincent and the Grenadines (they won!).
Lowlight:  Learning of the attacks on Paris while at the US Men's soccer team match.

DECEMBER
Highlight:  I visited Oklahoma to watch my sister graduate from college and see the life she's built for herself there.
Lowlight:  I had the flu on Christmas.

----------

This Post is a part of Think Kit by SmallBox

No comments:

Post a Comment