Sunday, January 3, 2016

16.1 - Free Bin Autobiography

Prompt:  "Pretend you're writing your autobiography.  Give us your first line, a first chapter, or even just an image.  What's the story of you?"

----------

The thought of writing a biography gives me anxiety.  Synthesizing a life into a bundle of words would be a daunting task.  Even documenting my own life would be immensely challenging, and I wouldn't trust myself to do it properly.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to read my autobiography in the first place.  I'm not criticizing the prompt.  It provides worthwhile introspection.  I just don't believe I've accumulated enough valuable life experiences to showcase as worthwhile literature.  Were I to write one, however, it most likely would not be linear and it would have specific focus; perhaps songwriting or working with children or an evolution of ideas I've had.

At present moment, my opening line would be:  "I have a lot for which to be thankful."

----------

This post is a part of Think Kit by SmallBox


No comments:

Post a Comment